Go Back   Melanie Rawn > Melanie's Books > The Golden Key, & Other Tales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

Finished for the First Time!

Ohmygoodness! This morning (at work, haha), I finally finished the Golden Key. It took me about 3 months, but it was totally worth it!

I have to admit, it took the Diviner to get me to read the Golden Key. I've owned it for 3 or 4 years now, but every time I start it, I get so BORED with the Galleria that I move onto something else. But being the collector that I am, I HAD to have the Diviner. And that (wonderful!) book gave me the strength to get past the beginning of the Golden Key. SO TOTALLY WORTH IT!

It does not surprise me at all that Melanie wrote the second part of this book. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't notice any changes in writing style throughout the book--I thought it was pretty seamless, but the second part with Arrigo/Mechella/Tazia--pure Melanie! I am forever torn which story line I like the best! Saavedra/Alejandro was so adorable but I didn't get super into it. I think the second and third parts were the most captivating for me. Eleyna is such a wonderful character! I was so happy things didn't end tragically for her! I also really adored Mechella/Cabral.

I'm so happy that I finally finished so I can explore this area of the forum now! I'm feeling a strong desire to re-read Exiles, but I think I'll take a brief Melanie break and read something a tad....shorter!
Elizabeth Arlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
The Repatriated Expat

Send a message via AIM to Lady Ara Send a message via MSN to Lady Ara
I know what you mean! The first 50 pages or so of GK were a real hurdle for me the first time, but once I got through that I couldn't put it down! Patience certainly pays off!

I still need to finish my re-read of GK. I started in like July or something, to get ready for Diviner, but then I got swamped with my dissertation, working three jobs, and moving overseas. And now that I have more time to get back to it, I have Touchstone! Days need to be longer so we can have more time for reading.
Lady Ara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Glisker Extraordinaire

A tad shorter you say? Then I would suggest Touchstone, by our dearly beloved creator!! It is no where near as think as her previous works (around or a little longer than the Diviner), and very very good
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #4

I am loving "Touchstone"! I'm about 1/2 way through it and I'll most likely finish it this weekend, so I can have it read when I meet Ms. Rawn on Tuesday (small squee!). I am officially the owner (and proud, happy reader) of all of her books, now, however. Love her stuff so much!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #5

Yes, I remember trying very hard to pick out what was written by Melanie in the Golden Key. I last read this quite a while ago, but I remember thinking I had figured out at least a few passages that were definitely Melanie, and they were all a little further in. This isn't to say she didn't have material earlier, but I wasn't able to pick it out as distinctly Melanie's work. I should read it again.

Last edited by Zyvuun : 04-15-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Zyvuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #6

I believe Melanie write the middle part of Golden Key. And after finding that out, I slapped a hand to my forehead and said: OF COURSE! The romance triangle made a lot of sense to me and the writing definitely screamed: Melanie! at me--it was hard for me to believe that I hadn't seen it before. I was pretty sure she had written either the second or third, but still! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! :3

~Virginia Woolf
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Just a face in the crowd

I also didn't know which section was Melanie's going in, but by the style I just knew the second one was. When I got to Leilas's first scene, that definitely confirmed it for me.
another_Ostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #8

For REAL.

I already want to re-read this again. Even though it took me a ridiculously long time to get through it. And I just finished it in the fall.

I really need to take a break from long books. I so don't have time to read long books!

~Virginia Woolf
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #9
Banned

nadiaxanders157

hello, I am nadia xanders Recently moved from Utah, originally from Denver and grew up there.

I have an awesome free time,I love all dry weather , specially the Fall and with all its colors.

Learning new things has been a part of my life for the last 7 years and most recently primarily on the Internet.

I cannot resist to learn.
As tough as it is right now, more and more people are seeking advice from people who have walked the walk and can teach others how to benefit from their experience. I am here to help those that need help and will ask for help from other people when i need it.

I am a designer in the field of Engineering time management.

check out my favorite sites , pearl necklace
don't hesitate to interact here black pearl black pearl necklace

I love to ask questions

when possible I volunteer for for valid causes that help the environment.

Glad to be a part of this Website and look forward to meeting you online here.
nadiaxanders157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #10

What is it with all these spammers? Where have they come from...?

~Virginia Woolf
Go Back   Melanie Rawn > Melanie's Books > The Golden Key, & Other Tales

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: