Do tell us how the wedding goes Alinya!

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you are moving forward! =P
Mikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #17

Congratulations to both of you.
christroybels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
Book Lady

I am so happy for you Alinya, so happy I wish I could hug you in person, but I will send you a big, virtual hug
dawncawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #19
Evil Geezer

Thanks Dawn, life is very good
Old 03-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
Perpetual Worrier

Send a message via AIM to Renne
Check out this link to the newest Ben & Jerry's flavor being launched in the UK to support Same Sex marriage! (Not only is it a great cause, it sounds yummy, too!)
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...213811206.html

~Galileo Galilei

Renne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
The Repatriated Expat

Send a message via AIM to Lady Ara Send a message via MSN to Lady Ara
Awwww now I miss the UK even more!
Lady Ara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
Just a face in the crowd

I would pay Ben & Jerry's even more money than $4.95 if they sold that in the US. It sounds delicious, and I'd love to offend the Moral Majority.
another_Ostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Call me Lucy!

That ice cream looks awesome! They recently had a give away at our local train station to promote a new shop opening. I went along but the queues were so ridiculously long, I ended up going to the 7-11 and buying ice cream!

Also, off topic, (and may I just preface this by saying I am of Asian descent, in case that matters), what is offensive about the Jeremy Lin ice cream? I think "Lin-Sanity" is an awesome name, and I don't have any particular problem with the fortune cookies. Did he ask for an apology? Or was it other people that created a kuffuffle?

For the record, I did think "Chink in the armour" headline was a little bit un-politically correct. But secretly, it still got a laugh out of me.
ltngu6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
Perpetual Worrier

Yep, Lucy; it was other people who were offended. Jeremy Lin didn't respond, as far as I know. The Lin-Sanity was just at the Ben & Jerry's close to Harvard, and the truly ironic thing is that they had changed the ingredients from fortune cookie to waffle cone before the kuffuffle (I'm loving that word, BTW! - Must use it again soon!) because the fortune cookie was getting too soggy!

~Galileo Galilei

Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
Call me Lucy!

Ha! I love when things get blown out of proportion. Soooo ..... while we're on the Love thread, just wanted to mention that I got engaged on Saturday! Wooo hoooo

If I knew how to post a pic I would :-) I was completely surprised, mainly because I didn't think Chris would be capable of obtaining a ring without my knowing. But he did. He designed it himself and it's exactly what I would've chosen! Three stone square cut setting - diamond in the middle, two emeralds on the side. Very clever.

Since I'm an occasional feminist I feel that I should get him a present too. (I can't spend anywhere near as much as he did though). I'll have to start brainstorming soon.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #26
Prophetess

Yippeeee!!!! Congratulations Lucy! What awesome news! I totally want to see a picture. I bought my finacee his wedding ring early and he wore it on his right hand until the wedding.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #27
Evil Geezer

Congratulations Lucy! Get him a ring for sure! Rob is going to get me one some time too
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #28
Perpetual Worrier

Congrats, Lucy! I'm so happy for you and your fiancee'! I like the idea of getting him a gift as well, but I'm completely out of ideas right now. We're going to have to throw a joint virtual wedding shower in the lounge for you and Alinya (and maybe Navi??? ) New commitment is so much fun, especially to those of us that have been with their significant others for a long time (I'm going on 19 years together in October; and 14 years of marriage in June.)

~Galileo Galilei

Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #29
Call me Lucy!

Thanks everyone!

He already mentioned a few ideas for his wedding ring, and I think I'm too ruthlessly practical to go out and get it for him in case it wasn't what he wanted ... he already has a ring I bought him ages ago that he wears every day ...

I was actually thinking of something like a scuba diving holiday. He usually likes to do this when he's on annual leave and he didn't this time round, perhaps because he was hoping the ring would be ready, perhaps because he was trying to save money. Anyhoo, he has annual leave again in July/ August so that was my first thought.

My second thought was getting someone in to do up the garage. At the moment it is not watertight or weather tight and there is heaps of dirt/ dust/ leaves getting in. I was thinking it would look good with proper panels on the walls (just tin sheeting at the moment) and get all those funky brackets so he can hang more stuff on the walls and less on the floor.

Those are just two random ideas, no idea how pricey the garage thing would be though. I'm at work and need to get stuff done but I'm very distracted!!

NAVI? Do you have something to tell us?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #30
Retriever of the Labrador

HAHAHHA.

Navi has nothing to tell anyone. NOTHING.

The ring is chosen *cough* shown to him multiple times *cough*. I don't know when I am getting it though. *waits* *drums fingers and waits*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: