Go Back   Melanie Rawn > Other Topics > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #3751
Just a face in the crowd

I'm sorry to hear that, Alinya, but hopefully she will find the peace and comfort she deserves.
another_Ostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #3752

I too am sorry to hear it Alinya. Please, feel free to have a drink on me at the bar. IT sucks losing family members.

And i wish good luck to you Ara!
LadyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #3753

FINALLY! I get my damn avatar and signature back! I need my jeez-its. Like, the only place I can use it....
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #3754
Call me Lucy!

Best wishes to you and the family, Alinya. It's a tough time for everyone. HUGS and DRINKS are on me (it is cold today, so let's have some coffee laced (read: 50/50) with Baileys.

And good luck Ara! The job sounds great and although the states are all different and you're not a privileged white girl living in socially backward Missisippi in the 70s, your little update has a touch of Skeeter from "The Help" about it

x
ltngu6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #3755
Prophetess

Geez, Alinya. I'm sorry. Even when it's a blessing, it's never easy. My thoughts are with your family.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #3756
Perpetual Worrier

Send a message via AIM to Renne
Alinya, I remember you talking about your sister's poor health for quite a while. I'm sending you and your family lots of love at this difficult time.

~Galileo Galilei

Renne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #3757
Evil Geezer

Went to the hospice to visit here last nigth and it's lvoely and she is really enjoying it there. And my mother has taken herself off to a hotel for a few nights to really relax and everyone seems to be chillign out nciely, which is great.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #3758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinya View Post
Went to the hospice to visit here last nigth and it's lvoely and she is really enjoying it there. And my mother has taken herself off to a hotel for a few nights to really relax and everyone seems to be chillign out nciely, which is great.
That's really great! I feel like once you go to hospice, things seem to really calm down--it did for my family at least. Well, my prayers are with you! I'm thinking all my good thoughts in your direction! I lost my grandpa last year, so I really feel you! *hugs*

This is a pretty nice place in here! I've checked it out through the windows a couple of times, but never set foot inside! Hi everybody!
Elizabeth Arlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #3759

A good friend of mine lost her father some time ago. He spent about a month in Hospice care. She said their experience was just completely outstanding; not only in the care they provided, but also helping the family cope with the loss. She even wrote one of her college essays on them and it was used by hospice in some of their media and work.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #3760

Wow, that's incredible! Hospice is really great. They present a really relaxing atmosphere for the family, which is just great.

~Virginia Woolf
Elizabeth Arlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #3761
Robot in Disguise

It's good to hear that the day-to-day reality of a hospice is different than the mental image the word conjures up for people who haven't been to one before.
taffyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #3762
Perpetual Worrier

Send a message via AIM to Renne
Hospice was amazing last year when my Grandmother passed. We asked that any donations of sympathy be made to them.

~Galileo Galilei

Renne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #3763
Robot in Disguise

Seems to be a fascinating grammar difference with how you guys are using the word hospice, vs how I would. e.g. "Hospice was amazing" and "once you go to hospice" and "Hospice is really great". I would always say "a hospice" or "The hospice". Mind you I would have no problems using hospital like that.

English, eh.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #3764
Prophetess

That's an interesting comment, Taffyd, especially, the way you describe using hospice is the way we' use 'the hospital'. Gotta love grammatic shift. If that's even what they call it.

Anyway, I had a dream the other night that I was moving to Australia, and my first thought was that I'd get to go to Lucy's wedding.

We're on spring break here. My plan? Chores this morning, playdates and sleepovers for this afternoon, leave tomorrow and head off to see friends and family.

Tomorrow also happens to be Nathan Fillion's birthday... Sunday is Richard Castle's, so while I'm visiting my BFF's house, we're gonna have a little Castle party! She was discussing downloading a photo of Richard Castle off the internet and getting it put on a cake! I'll be sure and post a pic on fb!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #3765
Robot in Disguise

Well, if you do move to Australia then you'll be happy to know that Castle is currently airing 3 hours a week on free-to-air TV here;p (1 "new" and 2 repeats )
Go Back   Melanie Rawn > Other Topics > General Discussion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: